Saturday, November 3, 2007

I Know, I'm a Ranter

Ok, so it's fairly obvious I'm not a big Redford fan, or for that matter, a hollywood fan. Do I still watch movies- yes. I am not questioning Redford's RIGHT to say what he said, I was just upset by Redford's assumption that he speaks for everyone and that he doesn't give any specific examples of freedoms he lost.

I read a couple reviews and heard an interview with the author of a new book called Schmoozing with Terrorists. It details the direct effect that people like Redford have on the terrorists and their war on the West. I respect the right for a differing opinion, but just firmly believe it to be irresponsible to share it in a way that emboldens the enemy and ultimately results in the death of more American soldiers and marines. Is it really a surprise that deaths in Iraq are the lowest in many months, once we start talking withdrawal? The terrorists would not want us to change our minds by continuing the fight!

I'm saddened by those who may truly believe that the best expression of patriotism is to bash the US and its president as if they had all the facts.

5 comments:

zippity-do-da said...

I tend not to comment on political issues, because there are so many facets that I know I am ignorant of. I wish that instead of all the bad mouthing and criticizing of our leaders, we could be a bit more proactive in serving our communities and world. Yelling at someone and telling them how dumb they are rarely makes them want to do a better job or reach for a solution.

Emma Jo said...

I miss you.

anonymousloveletters@gmail.com said...

A letter here for you?

Nic said...

Hi Clark!! Hope all is well. I hope to see you and your family soon. You can go to jadeburke.com and see whats going on with the Burkes. Your girls are very cute! I watch Emily's blog to see the latest. Take care.

Kirkhams said...

Baby or no baby?