Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Goodbye, Texas!

It is with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to the Lone Star State. The fam left the motherland this past Thursday as duty calls us back to the fleet. I will likely always consider it home as I have for the past 29 years of my life. Will we ever reside in Texas again? Perhaps. And I am not so thick headed to believe that Texas is the only place with good people...it just has the best people. (or HAD them:) j/k Connecticut will be our home for the next little while (state song?-YANKEE DOODLE!). Wish us luck in yankeeville.

Here are a few things that I love and will miss about Texas.
1) Bluebonnets
2) Blue Bell Ice Cream
3) The unabashed and prevalent display of the flag
4) Texas Hill country
5) The River Walk, Schlitterbahn & floatin the Guadalupe
6) friendly country people
7) Los Cucos
8) Longhorn cows
9) undying patriotism
10) high school football
11) Texas Sunsets and Thunderstorms
12) smoked briskets that'll make ya slap yo mamma!
13) Sunday dinners, frisbee with the boys, Scharmans, Kecks, Bayles, Kirkhams, Allens, and all the other great neighbors.

4 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

um and you will miss sadie scharman the professional babysitter. duh, how could you forget. lol

mo said...

At first I was thinking, "how come we didn't make the list?" then I remembered that we don't live there anymore. Sigh, I miss a lot of things about Texas, too, but now that you guys and the McCoys aren't there, it just wouldn't be the same. Great place to live and great people live there.

Sadie Lou said...

sry but you need to update:)

Sadie Lou said...

p.s. every time i check your blog and it says good bye texas you make me sad so write a new one:D