Monday, May 7, 2007

i love mexican food

Thanks to my Dad, I am addicted to talk radio. At times I have to turn it off because the frustration is too much to handle. I'm sure Emily wishes I listened less, because I come home hopped up on current events and in the mood for an intellectual conversation. I do recognize that I often hear one side of the issue; however, I find myself in agreement with a majority that is in that media.

As part of our civic responsibility, I think we need to pay more attention to what's going on in our country, as frustrating as it is, in order to be prepared to fulfill Joseph Smith's prophesy that we will rescue the constitution when it hangs by a thread. It does not take long to write a congressman and I think our children's future is worth the time. There is no doubt our families are under attack.

How many of us can recognize when a proposed law is unconstitutional? Pres Benson stated in a wonderful talk entitled Our Divine Constitution, that we need to know this incredible document better.

Anyway, I have digressed a lot. This blog was going to be about the immigration problem in our country (hence the title) but I think I'll save it for another day. I love our country and have gained a unique appreciation for the founding fathers. I read 1776 and reccomend it. Try counting all the times divine intervention saved the Americans.

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

PS I love Mexican food too.

Abby said...

Hey, since we all love Mexican food, we should go to Mexico City, where we can now legally get abortions and marry people of the same sex--viva la democracy!

Em said...

thank you, thank you, thank you for recommending that talk. I had never read it, nor heard of it, as I was only 6 when it was given, and it was very inspirational to me.